RE: [doc] A nice restoration project for someone here.

RE: [doc] A nice restoration project for someone here.

Looking at about £4000 delivered to UK, assuming $5k selling price and $1k shipping

Garage bill for bloody good service, brake and clutch system rebuild (assuming no new parts) will be about £1000 at the Diesel Centre. I paid £1200 for that including fuel pump, 4 tyres, and all the work for fixing my gearbox. I did not need new calipers or master cylinder, but they are £16 and £75 respectively. Don't know about clutch parts. You also need new headlights whicha re £75 ish, but you expect that with any import.

Interior: I paid £650 for my seats to be recovered in full leather, and binnacle and knee-pads in matching PVC (with new padding too). My Dash, centre console and upper door trims are going next.

So, you can see it'd probably be worth it as long as the chassis is okay.

As it's an auction, you can pay via Bidpay and put it on your credit card too, nice. If you bid, make your max bid something like $5123.