RE: [doc] A nice restoration project for someone here.

RE: [doc] A nice restoration project for someone here.

It largely depends on the state of the chassis, and exactly want you'd wantto do with it. Don't worry about all the mechanicals - brake system parts are still off-the-shelf and cheap, apparently the engine runs, but almost definitely will need tank components, but even that won't be too much.

If the chassis is definitely okay (no accident damage or major rust*), I would go to $5k and expect to come out ahead. This is assuming you do all cosmetic work yourself (removal and re-fitting etc). The dent in the door might be a stumbling block - would need an opinion from Chris Nicholson. Interior parts can be re-trimmed in ireland, or by places like Woolies - this sort of service is either non-existent or extortionately expensive in the US.

The trouble with a car at this price is it's probably worth $4k in parts, which is almost certainly what the current bids are for.

Martin

* even then, Andy snell's galvanised and powder coating job is worth looking at, as the price is extremely attractive.