Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 10:22 AM
Subject: [doc] How PSO is going at present....

Dear Martin,

     been a while since I last emailed the group, as life has been fairly hectic of late, but here is a little something to tease some minds out there, and yours too:)

     PSO now has her new gas strutts fitted, which work like a treat, they take the doors up to full hieght, swiftly and smoothly, no need to torsion bar antics thank god:) New stainless steal coolant bottle, throttle cover both fitted, and engine bay startingto look tidy at last. Martin, what was the name of that black polish you were using on the black plastic parts of the car? I would like to use it on the connecting rubber pipes on my engine, and the bay in general.

     Been talking with my mechanic last week, specifically about the ride hieght of the car. We would like to drop the ride hieght by an inch on the back, and 2.5 inches on the front. We haven't had much luck on the springs front, but think we will be able to do the job with a certain type of clamp device, which compress's the springs down byany required amount. Does anyone know of this conversion to the springs? Does anyone think there could be problems in lowering the whole car by this amount?

     Trailing arm bolts, PSO never had the conversion, what does this involve? Another thing, my heating system. We have found the problem, and it made my mechanic and myself laugh. My fan motoris currently spinning the wrong way! My mechanic swapped the polarity, and the fan system improved by over 100%! However, this can not remain, as the car is negative earth, and my car was then able to give a nice electric shock to anyone touching the outside at the wrong moment. So big question, and I know you'll like this one martin, can the motor be rewired, rebuilt, or a device fitted before it, to change the polarity safely, without electric shocks?This would help a great deal.

     Courtesy light circuit!!?? I'm stumped on this on. I now have the circuit diagram for the car on the wall of the garage, at double A0 size (we have a poster printer at work that goesto A0 size, quite handy n'est pas? However, I'm still no closer to finding out how to get this circuit running. It wasn't the fuse as said before. I would call Dave, but I don't have 2 hours spare at present:) Whats the best wayof getting this bit started?

     Door modual, when's a good time to send them Martin?
Body work is looking wonderful, but a couple of panels looking a little dull, best way to clean these up. Any hints on really cleaning up the steel, without rebrushing, as I don't think that will be needed. Hints on direction of cleaning, products, tools etc.I can't find any hints on the sites for this one. Whats the best way to bring the car up to its best, without ruining the grain on the stainless steel?

     Finally, when can we all meet up again? My car feels underpowered, like really underpowered, and I'd love to run the car alongside another to compare, along with elctrical systems ect. Which show would be the best one to take my Delroean along to, if I want to sit beside her for the first time, and feel very proud? Lots of questionsI know, but thats what keeps this group nice and active:) Speak soon,

                                    Stephen

Vin# 6986
REG  PSO 69 W

DOC UK Website: www.delorean.co.uk