[doc] Woodvale Rally 6th/7th August

All.

Quick recap for a forthcoming event. Shameless cut and paste from
Thomas/Martin/ChrisP's previous posts.

Several of my family attend the event for the kites/aircraft. This
year I hope to be attending with 'Boeing', definitely on Sunday,
Saturday work permitting.

Anyone else?

John Chapelhow
DOC 19 : 'Boeing' #0737

Mary Arrowsmith & Mike Cockayne

Car Competition Organisers

94 Cowm Park Way North

Whitworth

Rochdale

OL12 8LW

e-mail: woodvalecarentry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tel: 01706 852286

Dear Sir or Madam:

Woodvale Rally invites yourself and your members to take part in one
of
the finest classic car events to take place in the country.  This
year
we expect to be, as previous year's, hosts to over 80 car and
motorcycle
clubs and over 600 individual entrants competing in 32 classes.  With
our military vehicle extravaganza last year we saw over 1,900
classic,
vintage & veteran cars, motorbikes, commercial and military vehicles
on
display over the weekend.

An army of volunteers makes Woodvale Rally a very special event in
the
North West, organized jointly between the 1st Ainsdale Scout Group
(and
friends of) and Liverpool and District Model Aircraft Society.
Woodvale
Rally aims to raise funds for charitable groups within the Southport
area.

This year, in addition to the existing club displays, many of which
have
taken months to produce, and concourse condition vehicles, many of
our
finalists going on to be displayed in competition at the
International
Classic Motor Show, we will also be having a restoration workshop,
this
has been organized in conjunction with Liverpool Community College,
showing techniques such as lead loading, heat shrinking, a variety of
welding techniques and body preparation along with engine
rebuilding.
Lecturers and students will be on hand to give professional advice
and
answer any questions our visitors might have.

The Woodvale Rally weekend offers all round family entertainment, so
those members of the family who may not be quite so keen on
yesteryears
modes of transport will be entertained by model aircraft displays,
the
superb motorcycle stunts and meeting of Superbike track stars, model
railway and model boat displays, stationary engines, a large variety
of
goods are sold in our large craft tents and our comprehensive range
of
trade stands.

If you have a club news letter or magazine, please add this fantastic
weekend to your events diary or even an editorial review.

This year's event will take place on the 7th & 8th August 2004 at RAF
Woodvale, near Southport, on the A565 (Formby).  For club and
individual
entry forms or further information regarding what the Woodvale Rally
weekend offers visit our website www.woodvale-rally.org.uk
<http://www.woodvale-rally.org.uk/> alternatively you can contact us
at
the above address.

The Woodvale Rally weekend is an experience not to be missed for any
classic car or motorcycle enthusiast and well worth traveling to for
full weekend's entertainment.

Yours truly,

Mary Arrowsmith & Mike Cockayne

Vehicle Competition Organisers