[doc] Re: Classis on the common - Harpenden

[doc] Re: Classis on the common - Harpenden

Hi Claire/All

Count me in for classics on the common, I have sent my £2 as required.

Regards

Robin
#11431
1982D
DOC300

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "claire_usher71" <claire_usher71@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hi James/List
>
> I spoke with the landlord of the Silver Cup Pub who organises this
> event the other week, he said it would be around the third Wednesday
> in July, but didnt mention pre-booking to me.  Apparantly 2500 cars
> turned up last year, we got there what we thought would be nice and
> early at 4.30pm but it was already getting full and by 5.30pm the
> Police were trying to turn people away, but they kept on coming some
> even as late as 9pm. We managed to get enough parking for our cars
> after some pleading with the marshalls, but it was hard to defend
our
> 'area' from other classic car owners who decided to drive over the
> kerb and grass to get to our spaces!!
>
> I'll speak to him again tomorrow (I'm off tomorrow so I'll go and
see
> him) and try and arrange to book a club area - if people can give me
> an idea on numbers that would be handy).  I would suggest meeting at
> ours (DMUK) in Stevenage no later then 3.30 - 4.00pm and then we can
> drive in convoy to Harpenden, we take a nice scenic route which
takes
> around 25 mins depending on traffic.  Alternatively, you can leave
the
> M1 at J10 (A505/Luton Airport) and at the roundabout after you come
> off the motorway turn right down the A1081 into Harpenden - just
keep
> going straight and you'll see the common as you come out of
the 'town
> centre' - its probably no more then 15 mins from the M1, but you
need
> to really get there no later then 5pm to guarantee getting a space.
> Its been a really nice chilled out evening the last 3 years that
we've
> gone, and disposable barbeques are definately a must!! (cheers to
Rich

<james.marbles@xxxx>

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk