RE: [doc] 4087/ cleaning

Thomas,

That looks like the makings of a very good car. Dusty was as dirty as that
when I first bought her.

My cleaning technique is safe, cheap and very effective:-

Buy an industrial size pack of kitchen towels and a few plastic bottles of
very cheap ?orange cleaner? (or something similar) . Some black bin bags for
all the mucky kitchen rolls.

Spray a small area, lightly with cleaner, immediately wipe with a new clean
bit of kitchen roll. ( the kitchen roll will be filthy)  Repeat , ( the
kitchen roll will slightly less filthy the second time) Repeat again and
again until the kitchen roll is clean,  It could take 10 applications!

By the end of a morning you will have used a dozen kitchen rolls and a few
cans of spray. (I eventually refilled my spray can with clean water and a
tiny squeeze of washing up liquid.) and cleaned say half of the interior to
look like new.

You can spend a couple of hours simply cleaning around the door recesses,
but what a transformation!

I used it under Frenchy?s wheel arches, suspension, everywhere, but to save
money, I used old newspaper for the first few applications underneath and
just ?fine tuned? with Kitchen roll.

This is a variation that the ? professional conservators? use on priceless
antiques at the Nation Trust property at ?Kedleston Hall? near me?but they
use just plain water.

I?ll email you some before and after pictures.

Regards

Chris Parnham