Re: [doc] WOHOOOO i'm now a delorean owner!! :-D

Re: [doc] WOHOOOO i'm now a delorean owner!! :-D

Hello,

now i am worried,i'll have one of me mates in the car to help me out
a bit,tell me when it's allright to pull out
etc..................worried about those tight lanes in london,with
all the traffic,and iv'e never ever drove a left hooker before,could
see this as being very very hard! luckily iv'e only got around 5
miles till i get on the motor-way,think i'll take it very easy,even
if they start beeping horns.And i'm gonna have to get some petrol
too,this aint sounding too good.

Rick.
Vin 6776

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Richard" <dickyh11@xxxx> wrote:
> Congratulations M8
>
> I can't comment on London since it's a horrible place to drive, I
tend
> to avoid it.
> I was fortunate to have my first DeLorean and first LHD experience
> simultaneously driving 'Flopsy' around the Isle of Wight last year
(has
> the gear box recovered Claire?)
>
> Road positioning for me wasn't that difficult, I only wandered a
couple
> of times: just remember to drive in the gutter.
> Turning right is a little bit more tricky, if you don't
concentrate you
> can find yourself almost on completely the wrong side of the road!
> Turning right at roundabouts is really hard work since you have to
try
> and aim the front offside without actually hitting the middle of
the
> roundabout. It felt very alien to me...
>
> I found it very much like learning to drive all over again - while
> everything is plodding along nicely I could handle it, but as soon
as
> things got a little bit busy - change a lane quick, nip in a
space, make
> a snap decision I had to concentrate really hard.
>
> As for motorway driving there are just three things to remember:
> Blind spot
> Blind spot
> Blind spot
> You're not driving a car, you're driving a DeLorean. Expect people
> sit alongside you in your blind spot having a good look, perhaps
taking
> photos and shouting things about flux capacitors that you can't
hear at
> 70mph. Try overtaking without properly looking and 'the
consequences