Re: [doc] Re: "new" new cars

I hear your pain here Claire! Its very good for me in my situation to
hear this from somebody on that side of the fence as it were because
it is all too easy to be brainwashed by the media. I'm keen to get
more info on the VRIP (vehicle rest in peace? well thats the only way
I could remember it) "insurance" this seems almost a no brainer now
although its too easy to be wise after the event.

> Oh and another thing, we have been advised by the financial
> authorities that it is "inproper to give a better deal to a cash
> customer as it discriminates against people who have to take out
> finance".

Ok but even from experience I know this isnt true, or certainly wasnt
the last time I went down this road. If nothing else, a cash sale
removes the need for the salesperson to even try to arrange finance
let alone actually acquire it. In all fairness this was years ago. Its
still only advice and not a legal requirement.

I knew this list would be a good place to ask.. not that I'm any
closer to a solution, however the renault do seem to be in the lead.
It's all oging to come down to money at the end of the day.

Clare, how far are you from watford (or heathrow) If you arent too far
maybe I can come and see you and see what package(s) you have to offer
(assuming you deal new cars or nearly new low mileage), I'd rather any
potential sales commision went to somebody on the list rather than
somebody who doesnt actually care.

Mike
DOC427 - VINLESS

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk