RE: [doc] Delorean restoration project on Ebay.com

RE: [doc] Delorean restoration project on Ebay.com

I got mine (which needed lots of work) back for around the 5K mark, and
it didn't have that sort of damage.

An impact which has shattered the rear knuckle must have been quite
severe,  I suspect there may be other bent bits which would need a good
looking at to spot. I wouldn't buy it without seeing it.

Bear in mind that a new windscreen is going to cost a couple hundred
quid and panel work will be expensive. Also for "cracked" louver read
"broken", you'll need a couple hundred for a replacement, or plenty of
time to fix it yourself. A new rear wheel will set you back a couple of
hundred too.
The vendor describes the tyres as "junk from sitting" which means
another 300 quidish for new ones, and if the petrol has sat for that
long you'll need to completely clean out the tank and fuel system. If
the pump is seized there's another 100 quid. Up to a grand already and
I've not even started on the rear yet!

- Chris,
Yes this chap is just up the road from me, I'm looking forward to having
a nosey :)

Rich H
DOC 365 VIN 1274 (anybody know a good (cheap!) fascia painter?)

--

Give the gift of life to a sick child.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/5iY7fA/6WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/HliolB/TM