Re: [doc] Warm Starting Difficulties and a/c heater

Re: [doc] Warm Starting Difficulties and a/c heater

hi ya that`s funnys you should say that, mine starts first time when its cold but if you leave it for about half hour the little bugger turns over for ages before she fires up, she has a new battery on it as well and nothing is lose. spooky,Got to get my a/c and heater sorted out you can hear fan going round but no air is blowing out every time i take it out my window keep`s steaming up, then i can`t see where i`m going,At the moment i`m useing a fan you plug into the ciggy lighter,does any one know where i can take it to be fixed no garage round my way will touch it or they don`t seem to know what their doing.
cheers tracey vin 6484

Richard Hanlon <rahanlon@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all ? Spring issues solved!

However, this week, I?ll be mostly having Warm Start Issues.

1) The car always starts from cold, without a hint of a problem.

2) The car always starts again when it?s hot, if you stop and
immediately re-start

3) It absolutely WILL NOT start if it?s been hot, is parked, you nip
into the shops to get some flowers for Valentine?s day, get back in the car,
and need to get home sharpish.

In fact, the more I think of it, it?s often struggled starting after a
medium length run if it hasn?t had the chance to cool down again.

A couple of things I?ve noticed:

1) Occasionally I hear the ~1second buzz of the fuel pressure
accumulator system when I turn the key to the first position, but not always
(especially with repeated trying).

2) When I lift the lid, with the ignition on, on some occasions
there?s an electrical buzz from the region of the LH block, but again, not
always.

3) I know the coil connections are crap, and I?m on to it!

Can anyone shed any light at all please? I ended up having two very long
walks yesterday!

And finally, a bit of advice ? after a week or so, if you?ve had the
Auto-Trans sump off, give the bolts an extra tweak as the new cork gasket
compresses, the bolts loosen, and the fluid wants out!

Cheers folks,

Rich Hanlon (393/06126)

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk