Re: [doc] hey, Transmission change

With all these opinions flying about, I'm curious to know who has
actually driven -both- in order to give an objective opinion?

Sure, autos are "easier" to drive, and the manual tranny suffers from
poorly adjusted gearshift linkages (The Esprit suffers even more or so
I'm told), the clutch pedal is heavy etc etc etc.

But, at the end of the day, the autos are slower and the trannies are
unreliable and less than half the strength of the manuals.

There is a Renault 4 speed auto box that can replace the 3-speed in the
DeLorean, but it's  non-servicable and is absolutely rubbish.

Thomas, I hope Paul reversed the final drive in your 30 box (Just
joking, I'm sure he did) - and you will end up with a faster car now -
the 30 has a 3.8:1 final drive. You will do about 4000rpm in 5th when
you hit 90. A stock cruises at 3500. Your top speed will be lower, but
you'll hit it faster. I'm doing the same thing when I fit my 25 turbo
engine because it's higher revving and will put a lot more through the
gearbox.

Martin

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk