Re: [doc] hey, Transmission change

HI James.
When we brought the car to Paul, it was with the intention of having a new auto gearbox installed, along with a load of other work. However, Paul told me he could convert it to a manual, using all DMC parts (well R30 gearbox but close). I said no at first because I wanted to keep it completely original. But then I kept seeing stories on the DML about peoples auto boxes breaking down even after rebuilds, and them not shifting properly. So, with reliability in mind, and for more fun to drive, we opted for the manual.

It appears to have been a straight swop from automatic to manual, so it could be changed back (I'm keeping the parts, except the dead gearbox). I know the conversion would put people off buying it, but I am never going to sell the car. Also, I am not taking out the PRV and putting in an 8 litre V8 with about 250bhp lol.

Besides, Mr. O'Malley is now famous in the De Lorean world for his skill in working on these cars, so people know the standards of the work done is professional.

Did you not change your cars interior to all leather?

Thanks
Thomas
Vin 4087

jamesrguk <James_rg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Troy,

When I 1st looked for a DeLorean, I was almost insistant on having a
manual, and I ended up with an auto. I would say that there is
little point in converting a D from one to the other.

I know even I (from essex) would think twice about buying a D that
had been changed so much from it's original setup, history of these
cars is important, that's only my personal opinion only of course.

Why would you do it anyway, I have enough bits to upgrade and update
on my DeLorean without performing such major surgery, manuals &
autos are in abundance in the USA so just buy the right one to start
with, and save a load of money.

Also when the auto works well with the shift computer doing it's
job, I think it can provide quite a sporty ride, that is only
marginally slower than a stock manual delorean.

The DeLorean is more suited to cruising around than drag racing, so
having been converted myself, I would say that the auto is worth
considering.

Of course the best option is to have one of each lol

James RG

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
document.write('');