Re: [doc] Film BTTF Car for sale

This BTTF car at Keswick has never ever been a running car. At the Time the
BTTF3 film was to be released (Top Gun) one of the only GB Delorean Dealers
at the time was asked by Universal Studios to make a replica of the time
machine, as it was cheaper to make one here than to ship one of theirs over.

Andy Hobb & Nigel Parks owners of Top Gun made this replica not from a road
going car but from spare parts. The chassis used was from one of the
promotional rolling chassis from the DMC factory and the underbody,
interior, body panels were just bolted on. No wiring loom, heater box etc
were fitted, just the bare essentials so it looked the part.

As the car was never going move under its own power, later on the engine and
gearbox were taken and sold to Dave Howarth to save on weight of the vehicle
for transportation.

A few years ago Nigel Parks came to visit and gave me a loads of photos of
the car during its build up, if someone reminds me nearer the time, I'll
bring them to the next car show at Alexandra Palace on the 20th - 21st March
2004. Yes the DOC club do have a stand next year, details will be forwarded
early next year.

Mark (DOC tech)