Re : 2004

Robert/Chris

I attended Eurofest 2001 and enjoyed it immensely. The whole
experience helped me decide to purchase my own car. No attendee could
claim not to have been impressed by the scope and scale of the event;
eating at Stormont, the police escorts everywhere and the guided tour
of the factory etc. Clearly the 20th Anniversary rightly gathered the
large numbers of cars and visitors it deserved, with the runs around
the test track being the crowning glory. I was privileged enough to
get a couple of laps as a passenger of a right hand drive.

As one of the new owners Chris spoke of, I was one of many who asked
him whether it would be possible to visit the track, with my own car,
whilst it still existed. I would welcome any event that allowed me
that opportunity, a `day trip' or `weekend' style visit would be
great.

I think that everyone will appreciate that there must be a certain
level of interest before it would make it worthwhile, both in terms
of gaining approval from the current owners and to share the costs of
insurance etc. It may be that others who have had the experience of
driving their cars around are content to wait until 2006. I am
grateful to Chris (as the club secretary) for gathering information
about numbers/interest/logistics for such a possible mini-meet. This
would in no way prevent me from attending a Eurofest 2006 event, with
my car, to do the whole thing again.

On either occasion I would be more than happy to provide passenger
rides to anyone who wanted one.

I would probably opt for the boat/day trip scenario so limit costs in
favour of also visiting Pigeon Forge?.

John Chapelhow
DOC 19 : DOA 5974 : `Boeing' 0737