Last Concorde Email on this Delorean mailing list!

Last Concorde Email on this Delorean mailing list!

The Concordski, or the Tu-144, appeared an almost identical copy of the Anglo French Concorde, and though it could fly faster and carry more passengers, it failed, in dramatic fashion, when one crashed at the 1973 Paris Air Show with the world's media looking on.

The Tupelov design bureau made the necessary modifications, and the Tu-144 was finally put into service in 1975, carrying mail and collecting flight data. Two years later, another crash left no doubt that the project should be shelved. The remaining aircraft were not destroyed, but were the newest additions to Russian museums - or Richard Bransons fleet of aircraft.