Re: [doc] stud=engine out- any ideas

> the o/s stud nearest to the gearbox at the rear of the engine is broken
off flush with the head, tell >me the engine doesn`t have to come out to
drill it.....Please!!.

You have 2 choices the first ..only for the brave... 1) Drill it out using a
drill with right angled chuck (to clear the frame) but be careful not to
catch the water jacket when drilling. Start with a small drill bit and work
you way up.This method may invlove helicoils if things dont go to well...2)
Head off and get it into a machine shop

See Recoil for M7 recoil kits, about £25 for the tap, insert and 10 M7
coils. http://www.recoil.com.au/p_range_smlkit.asp

Good luck

Chris S