Re : Steering Bush

Hi

Just to update those people that gave me advice on fitting the steering bush
that Martin got for me.

Started last night about 4.30 and finished at 6.30 with just the knee pads
to fit all went quite well without any major problems.

Except, I am very glad that I did change it as during the process I
discovered that the pinch bolt on the lower steering shaft had never been
tightened. The shaft was just floating around on the splines held on by a
wing and a prayer.

I had driven the car back from Birmingham 150 miles with the steering like
this!!! and could have lost the steering completely on turning the wheel to
hard. I will now be checking all steering and wheel components before it
goes on the road again.

Kevin