RE: [doc] MXI 4811 (vin 569)

Hi Alex

Original Message:
-----------------

I am looking for the following parts:

Steering bush (as the column moves up + down) dave has none in stock

>> www.delorean-parts.com - I am putting in an order to Darryl next week if
you'd like me to get you one at the same time?

rear heated window switch (expensive)

>> Yes, they are :o) I _may_ have a spare - my new car came with 2 spares
but I'm not sure if the orginal still works. My other car's switch doesn't
work properly but is a slightly different shape so the new one wouldn't fit
when I tried. I will investigate this weekend.

lockable cover behind drivers seat

>> These periodically appear on ebay, though the lock of course would be
different.

cover for battery (behind passenger seat)
the cover in the corner of the engine bay with the jump start sticker on
it!.

>> Any of the US places should be abe to help, though they are quite
expensive. You could do worse than keep an eye on ebay.

the biggest job is still to come- Exhaust gasket and studs, has anyone
done this before and do they have any good tips.

>> **waves feebly** - I did mine last summer. Mark Bourne hsa done several.
I wrote up my experiences and they're linked off the club tech page
www.delorean.co.uk/tech.html I have been roped into helping Dave and Claire
with theirs the weekend after next :-) Do you know if any of your studs are
snapped?

Martin

http://mail2web.com/ .