From: "Alan Hammond" <vin569@xxxx>
To: <doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <vin569@xxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 11:24 PM
Subject: [doc] MXI 4811 (vin 569)

> Hello to the DOC email group,
>
> Some of you don`t know me, My name is Alan Hammond, I am 23 years old
and I am living the dream!, its there in the garage!!!.

> my car is Vin number 569 making it the 69th production car off the
line at dunmurry, it done 11,727 miles has a black interior, fuel flap
and I have now found out that it was a company car at dunmurry (owner
unknown),manual,LHD

> Igot the car at the end of november 2002 from james hartshorn (hello
james) and brought it from Leicester all the way back to Ipswich, where
I live (on a trailer I`m not that brave-to drive it that far), you
should have seen the looks we got!?.

> keep your eyes open in the feb DOC news mag as my car should be in
there! (thanks to Andy withers)

> If anyone has any information/history about this car please contact
me, also I am looking for the following parts:

> Steering bush (as the column moves up + down) dave has none in stock
>
> rear heated window switch (expensive)
>
> lockable cover behind drivers seat
>
> cover for battery (behind passenger seat)
>
> the cover in the corner of the engine bay with the jump start sticker
on it!.

> I would like to think that MXI will be out of the garage summer time
and driving about, but the biggest job is still to come- Exhaust gasket
and studs, has anyone done this before and do they have any good tips.