Re: [doc] Re: piston broke

Hi Tony

The R30 would drop right in but the idlespeed system is different and the capacity is smaller. The Volvo engine has a different sandwich plate and sump and the sandwich plate is not interchangable (not advised anyway).

If you want power, Darren can build you and engine to approx 230hp - more than you'd ever get from a stock turbocharged lump. If it's turboing you want, how about an R25 turbo - 200hp out of the box? Though you'd have to work out how to fit an intercooler.

Best Wishes

Martin

lawther wrote:

Thanks all for your concerns and help. It was indeed a broken piston and a resulting scored liner. The engine is now in bits and I have to decide whether simply to replace the
one piston and liner and put it all back together or whether to do all the pistons and
liners, valves, guides and seals and other stuff (doing the clutch goes
without saying).  The garage are looking for spares for me but do you know
of a good source?  Alternatively should I consider finding a replacement
engine, perhaps off a Renault 30?