Re: [doc] Ed's exhaust system / Performance Engine

On 28-09-2002 00:31, Chris Parnham wrote:

>> BTW does the new system look anything like Ed Uding's one?
>
> Not a lot, the pipes are a lot shorter and less complicated.
> The silencer looks stock.

If you want to know more about Ed's system, ask me again
next monday, after our falldrive-weekend, I wille have seen
and heard the complete system installed then...

I've seen parts of it as he was developing it, so
I can allready tell you the headers (manifolds(?)) are as
complicated as they look to get all six pipes to the junction
at exactly the seme length for best performance of the engine.

His silencer has a very stock look to it too, but is more
square with rounded corners opposed to the oval-ness of stock.
I'm not sure if it's one silencer with 2 ins and 2 outs,
or 2 silencers sitting back-to-back in one box.

The prototype showed on his website has been fitted onto
Michiel Bohmer's car, in which he has put a Volvo 260-PRV.
I also saw parts of this, but tomorrow will be the first
"public" showing of both the swap and the exhaust....

I'll make lots of photo's and put them up on the web,
but as I'm also busy buying a new(er) daily driver for
replacement of my current 15 year old Escort (with 300.000km
on the odometer), it might not be untill the end of next week.

I'm hitting the hay now; have to be up and driving by 07h15
to be in time for our 5 car convoy and the rest of our event.

Everyone have a GREAT weekend, I know I will ;-)

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000