[doc] Re: Front fascia

hi james there is no car manufacturer that uses an exact match to the
deloreans fascia so your best bet is to take the car or bumper to
somewhere that can make the base coat up for you.do you have any
original paint or overspray on the inside of the bumper to use to get
your colour match. I use part co or gmf motor factors.ask the guy who
mixes the paint if you can use there colour chip book to match the
colour as near as you can if you have the choice of two colours go
for the lighter one this makes it easyer to darken to get the
match,once you have done this get the guy to tweek the colour.
if you have no original colour your right about merc using a similar
colour  but not exact they used this colour even on 2002 models.you
can get this already in a spray can along with the laquer from merc i
cant remember the part number but i can email it you later.they used
the colour on the plastic side strip that goes along the silver cars
but i think it may be a shade or two darker than mr delorean used.but
if you can get this in paint tin form im sure if you added some
silver in there you can get the correct shade.other than that iv got
a slight mark on my back bumper but i dont want to paint over the
original finish so i need a very good match to blend into the
original,but i havnt time at the mo to do it so if you can wait i
will most probably have a paint code for a very near {exact}match
that everyone can use but i dont know when il get round to it. i hope
this is of some help  oh yes i noticed you have already etch primed it
{have you read the data sheet for the product}its just you need to
aplly your colour within a certain time frame to get maximum
adhesion.paint needs somthing to cling to wether that be scratches
{key}or wet on wet with etch primers.this is only realy important
when painting aluminum or plastics etc.have you ever seen a delorean
with crazing or peeling on the
fascias?

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk