Re: [doc] Door Electric / Window

Hi John

Adjustng the linkrods is a common job for us. They shouldn't "just slide
out of position". The two systems, lock and latch, affect each other.
The most common cause of being jammed in is the latch crank not moving
back to its rest state fully after a handle is pulled. Each linkrod must
be removed and moved manually to check for friction, and adjusted if
necessary. Early cars also have a shorter cable going to the door handle
which can become kinked. This causes friction in the cable. I fixed mine
by removing the cable and simply bending the inner cable strait again.
THe workshop procedure for adjusting the linkrods is here.

http://www.dmcnews.com/bulletins/ST-10-8.81.html

Make sure you have a 7mm and 8mm spanner!

The mirror switch is really easy to remove - there are two cuts in the
metal at each end, and inserting a small screwdriver allows you to push
the clips in and it just lifts out. I've rebuilt a couple of these if
you want me to have a look. I've got several broken ones that I can raid
for bits.

Your problem with the window motor sounds coincidental - it'll probably
be the white plastic elbow having broken, or the internal gear has got
shredded. Very common.

Martin

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk