[doc] Re: Triumph Stag

Hi Claire

I've been searching for information for a while and think i've got
most of it covered - overheating, stretched timing chains, blown
headgaskets and lots and lots and lots of rot seem to be the order of
the day - she looks and sounds proper from what I can see, no rot, a
virtually full service history from day 1 and a fantastic V8 burble -
maybe i'll fit a V8 in the Delorean !!!

Cheers

Robin

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "claire_usher71" <claire_usher71@xxxx>
wrote:
> I can remember chatting to some Stag owners at a car show a few
years
> ago (before the DeLorean came along....), I can remember them saying
> that rather then use the 'tried and tested' Buick/Rover V8 (as found
> in the Rover P5B and P6 3500) they decided to cobble together their
> own V8 engine.  Overheating was a major problem and owners who are
> still running the original Triumph engine fitted uprated (kenlowe)
> fans, others just threw away the Triumph lump and fitted the Rover
one
> instead.  I guess the only other problem, as with any 1970's car is
> gonna be the good old tin worm!
> Hope this helps,
>
> Claire
> #2292 'Flopsy' VUR594W
> Megane Sport Saloon dCi 120 KL04CAE
>

> --- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Robin Simpson" <rps@xxxx> wrote:
> > Dear List
> >
> > Ever so slightly off topic, but I seem to remember someone on the
> > list has a Triumph Stag and i'd be interested to know about their
> > ownership experience as I have just bought one !
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Robin
> > #11431
> > 1982D
> > DOC300
> >
> > And...1977R Triumph Stag Auto when I find the time to pick her
up !

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk