[doc] Got yer car back yet.... [was] Auto Box Shift Points

[doc] Got yer car back yet.... [was] Auto Box Shift Points

I have spoken to Richard about the possibly upgrade of the newly re-
named RJ-Shiftmatic system and he seems to think it would be a fairly
basic operation.

I have not collected the car yet, I am picking it up next Sunday (all
things being well).

Darren has reported smooth running, and 'a considerable increase in
power' but it was so shagged when I took it up there that any power
will be a considerable inprovement over the old.

The only thing Darren picked up on, which I think may be just a side
effect of the new RJ-Shiftmatic, is that even on kick-down it shifts
at about 3,700 RPM which he said was low for that gearbox.

He thinks that to get the most out of the additional power it needs
to be shifting at around 4,500RPM under kick-down.

But I don't have access to anouther Auto DMC to see if mine is normal
or not.

Be interesting to hear from anyone on the list with an auto to see if
they could confirm at what RPM their cars shift when their foot has
buried the pedal to the floor.

James
VIN 5462, almost home :-)

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk