Re: Kayo Ong (ANY NYC DMC owners), Please contact me

Re: Kayo Ong (ANY NYC DMC owners), Please contact me

All is quiet here in Las Vegas. The only things moving in the sky
tonight are clouds, and the occasional satelite. Access to Hoover Dam
is currently restricted, as are the Stratosphere and Eiffel towers.
I've heard of a couple of civil defense trucks driving around town,
but no major worries here, or on the west coast for that matter.
Everything here is fine, and should be business as usuall by
tomorrow/today.

The increase in gas prices has been in the midwest. Some confirmed as
high as $7.00 a gallon. However, the news has reported that these
service stations that have gouged the prices did so unfairly, and
without any justified reason. Thus they will be fined by local
authorities for their actions. I was told this worry was due to a
petroleum pipeline in the Midwest getting shut off. No damage, just a
precautionary measure. Should be back on at any time now. Had some
lines here @ the pumps, with the highest price gouge being .10 cents.
Everything has since died down. As of right now, there are no
concerns about a fuel shortage anywhere in the nation.

I would also imagine that anyone here on the list that has recently
ordered parts from a vendor, and had them shipped via air cargo will
probably have delays recieving their packages. But I would imagine
the respective shipping companies that are handling the delivery
would be your best contact for a status update.

On a more personal note, does anyone know of a contact #, or a source
of some sort to find/contact survivors of the WTC disaster? The
reason I ask is a guy I work with is from NYC, and his mother worked
on the 72nd floor. Don't know which tower, but communications between
LV & NYC have been down. Needless to say he's been worried sick since
he can't get thru to contact any of his family in Queens.

While it's ultimatly up to you, and everything should be fine, I
would hold off on traveling for at least a couple of days. Most, if
not all local Govt. services will be up and running today. Commuting,
and running errands should be okay. But I'd hold off on any long
distance traveling right now unless it's absolutely nessisary. That
way you can stay in touch with your local news. It's doubtful
anything else will happen, but this way you can help keep the
highways clear for any emergency traffic that might be moving
equipment, medical supplies, etc... Especially on the East coast.

It is a sad day for both the USA, and the world. My sympathies go out
to everyone and their families that have been affected by this
horrible atrocity worldwide. I work for the local cable company, so
the office has televisions everywhere. Needless to say, I've been
constantly watching the events since yesterday morngin on a scale
from my local news, on up to the BBC feed piped in on the BBC America
channel. While things will never be exactly the way they were before
yesterday, they will eventually return to normal. If nothing else,
the past 20 hours I've seen what people can accomplish together when
out to the test. The flag may be flying at half-mast, but none the
less, it's still flying!

Everyone here has my best wishes. Hopefully everyone, and their
friends and family are ok. And last bu not least, your cars as
well! :)

-Robert