Re: battery drain/gauges

You are absolutly correct, you cannot attain zero drain in the
Delorean without a Master switch. What you want to achieve is 10-20
MA. With all of the diodes and the clock this is about what you can
get which if you have a good battery should start the car even if it
sits for 4-5 weeks in moderate temperatures. If you pulled all of the
fuses and still can't find the leak (current drain) you might look at
the diodes in the alternator, you might have a shorted diode causing
your problem. Disconnect the alternator and see if your leak goes
away. A couple of amps drain is certainly not normal for any car at
rest! Installing a master switch in this case is just putting a
band-aid over the problem.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757