Re: [DML] Fire Extinguishers - End of thread

Re: [DML] Fire Extinguishers - End of thread

Before we kill this I would like to add one more note here on some
investigations into fire extinguishers I have been doing over the past
summer. People may want to look at a site http://www.fireboy-xintex.com
where they sell automatic discharge fire extinguishers using FE-241 or
FM-200 which is the replacement for Halon. I saw one of these units mounted
in a car engine compartment at a car show this summer and was very
impressed. It had a manual cable that goes into the passenger compartment
and also a automatic temperature sensor on the extinguisher itself that will
shut off the fuel pump when discharged. This unit was made for boat engine
compartments which are usually enclosed so I don't know how being mounted in
a car engine compartment may effect it's performance. I believe they were in
the $200 price range.