Re: [DML] DMC12 Wanted

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Louie Golden wrote:

> >"watch e-bay"
> Sorry- I know this is a little off subject, but I would not buy a
> DeLorean I can't see and touch.

Could always do what I did. Call up the person who has the car on auction,
and ask to see it. I looked at it this way: I'm preparing to drop several
thousand dollars on a car. What's a few hundred on air fare? I drove 3
DMCs before I settled on the one I take delivery on in a 11 days.

One local to me; nice car, but wrong color interior. One I saw on ebay;
flew out to San Francisco, crashed with a friend for a night, drove the
car around SF the next morning, crashed in SF again that night, left the
next day. That car had twin turbos on it, but seemed a bit flaky to me
(granted I don't know how a turbo DMC is /supposed/ to behave, but there
you are). 3rd one had an ad listed at the dmcnews website. Flew to see
it. Liked it. Sent the owner a certified check for the car when I got back
home.

And in 11 days, I fly down to pick my car up from DMC Houston and drive
back. Mmmm...roadtrip.....

--noah, chomping at the bit

VIN 2867

"Where's my fruit cup?" "Behind the bison."
-- Kevin & Kell (Sept 22, 1995)