Re: Relay Updates

Another "relay" to change is the door lock module. The origional unit
WILL burn out and if the contacts fuse together you will be locked in
the car and will be replacing the door lock solenoids as they will
burn out from the constant current running through them until the
battery goes dead. If you open the door lock module and look at the
contacts you would laugh they are so small especially when you
consider that they have to break a very reactive circuit ie: with the
solenoids the circuit acts as if there is a lot of "inertia" so the
contacts have to interrupt a very high current without "flashover"
which is just another name for the current continuing to flow even
after the contacts separate. It is this arcing which causes a high
heat to eventualy weld the contacts together.

David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> Jim,
>
> I'm still running on all the original relays on my Delorean with the
> exception of the relays which the Fanzilla replace. I also
replaced
the a/c