[DML] Re: Some questions for the doc, Zillas and antenas.

[DML] Re: Some questions for the doc, Zillas and antenas.

Subject: Some questions for the doc

Hi Robert,
I'm new to the Delorean scene, and need some help. You seem to be the most
informed person on the list, so I'm asking you first. I didn't want to post,
because I would be embarrassed. But what are the
lockzilla, fanzilla, and other zilla's everyone is always talking about? :)
Where are they available from?
Thanks a lot,
Mike Schaefer
p.s. I've already bought my first 81 Red DMC, and I'm picking it up on the
20th! I'm really excited.
------------------
These questions have come up on the list lately, so I will be taking just a
little bit of your
time to inform some of the new people on the list and maybe some help to the
vets that
are out there.
First off Mike you have no reason to be embarrassed for asking something
about the
Delorean that you dont know. That is what this list is for and is where I
gained a lot of my
information.
As far as you saying "You seem to be the most informed persons on the list",
I am truly
flatter, but I dont think that this is the case. (But I am working on it.)
As we all know the Delorean was not produce long before the company went out
of
business, so the car never got developed and refined by the company. But we
owners are
fortunate to have people around that took on the task, such as Steve Wynne,
Rob Grady
and DMC Joe, just to name a few.
Rob Grady took on some of the electric's that were a problem with the
Delorean. The
products that came from his and his employees work are called Zillas. They
are designed
to make the problem areas work as they should , by improving how they work
and
making them reliable. For more information check out :
As for the antennas. The power antenna in the left rear of the Delorean was
manufactured
by Harada. Harada is still in business and can provide for your needs. They
can supply a
complete unit or just the mast. Most of the failures with the power antenna
is in the mast
and just buying this part can save you money over replacing the complete
unit, that you
might not require. Also the mast is offered in black (what came with the
Delorean) or
chrome.( looks great with the Delorean)
I do not know how much room behind the front fender there is for a power
antenna. But if
someone could check it out, Harada may manufacture a power antenna that
would fit.
To contact Harada call 1-800- 442-7232 and ask for Mike. He was very helpful
to me and
I am sure that he will be more than glade to assist you. (If anyone does
call Mike tell him that
I clued you in and that I still have not received my black mast, he was
going to sent me.)

Robert Starling
Vin#5252