[DML] Re: timing DeLorean engine and replacing sensors

[DML] Re: timing DeLorean engine and replacing sensors

The timing can be adjusted without removing anything. With a good flashlight
look at the base of the distributor. It can be seen ( barely )
at the drivers side of the engine near the fire wall. There is a nut there
locking the distributor in place. I belive it takes an11mm wrench but I'm
relying on my memory. Loosen the nut and with the timing light connected,
rotate the distributor until you see 13 degrees before top dead center.
There are two notches on the crankshaft pulley so you can use cyl number one
or cyl number six. Number one is at the right front of the engine and number
6 is at the left rear. Line the notch on the pully up with the 13 degree
line on the timing cover.

Bruce Benson