Re: [DMCForum] Re: NO OIL SHORTAGE WHATSO EVER!

Re: [DMCForum] Re: NO OIL SHORTAGE WHATSO EVER!

Walt,

If I understood your description properly,  you had an air conditioning
system with electrical heating.

Your observation about mold growing  on the dirt deposits on the
fiberglass in sulation  and the heating cooling is right on.    It is a
contentious  issue with fiberglass duct lining.

Ma manufacturer's claim that FG does not grow mold. But when it gets
dirty it sure does!  And everything gets dirty.

Little is known about the long term health effects of exposure to
elevated levels of viable mold spores. (as opposed to non viable which
cause allergy symptoms.)

I my book, I discuss the fact that our lungs and sinus are constantly
being infected by mold.  These sections of the body are moist, warm and
loaded with organic matter,    Perfect growing conditions.  It is only
our immunity systems and the constant movement on mucous through cilia
action that keeps this mold growth under control - it is  never non
existent.  This is best exemplified by Cystic fibrosis patient whose
cilia movement is defeated by very thick almost glue like mucous. 95% of
all cystic fibrous patient has aspergillosis (a type of mold) infections
at one time or another.

Does the constant stress on the immunity system have a long term impact?
Probably.  The only possible  measure of  this is the shortened life
spans of people with chronic infections.  However, this only reduces
life expectancy about 10% depending upon the infection and its location.
Systemic skin infections are these least life shortening.

It is a shame that very few autopsy are now performed in this country.
We learned so much about the affect of disease and how to diagnosis it
during the 19th and early 20th century.  However, this practice stopped
because it was found the 50% of the time the cause of death was wrong
and the doctors had missed the underlying disease.

The best advice for people with chronic lung problems is to use MERV 6
or high air filters in their homes.  I use a 10.  This way you minimize
the total burden on your lungs to remove infectious and particulate matter.

BOB

click here