[DMCForum] Re: Ugh! Whacked a *@$%&% pothole hard.

>From your description, it sounds like you have slack in your
tie-rod ends instead of the rack.

Tie rod ends are a press-fit into the arm of the hub while
the nylock nut keeps it from coming loose.  It will take
some persuasion to make it come loose.  I have used a
tie-rod end puller on a DeLorean before.  It was hard to
make fit.  The first puller I tried was too big.  The second
puller worked okay but took a lot longer than my
old-fashioned method.  I since misplaced my puller and went
back to doing it the old fashioned way: I support the arm
with a 10 pound sledge hammer and then wack the stud of the
tie-rod end until it pops loose.  Another alternative is to
use a pickle fork to pop it loose.  You are supposed to line
it up with the hub arm so that you don't stress it.  However
you do it, the main thing is to not stress the hub arm.

Walt