[DMCForum] Ignition upgrade kit (mostly) installed

[DMCForum] Ignition upgrade kit (mostly) installed

Okay, I've got the new wires and plugs installed.  Man that's an annoying
job on this car.  :)  I'll save the ignition core amplifier thingy for
later.  I figured I'd test it with just the new wires and plugs first.

After getting everything back together, the car started up just fine, and
as is normal for this engine, it was hunting quite a bit while cold.  I
went for a little spin, but didn't really have any opportunity to put the
engine under any real load to see if there's been any change to the
knocking or if the new wires and plugs provide any of the promised
performance gains (but I'm not holding my breath).

What I did notice after driving for a while was that the engine now never
stops hunting at idle.  Before, it'd smooth out very nicely within a few
minutes of starting, but today, even after driving around for 15 minutes
and getting my coolant up to normal temperature, the engine is still
hunting at idle, sometimes as much as 600 rpm or so.

I may simply need to go adjust the idle a little bit to smooth it out, or
perhaps the engine is unhappy with something I've done, or maybe I just
broke it.  :)  I'll keep fiddling around...

-andrew

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: