Re: [DMCForum] Re: Engine Vacuum

So what do you actually MEAN when you say your friend "runs vacuum" -
you failed to qualify your statement? You wrote

BTW: This fellow is one who told me he only runs a couple inches of
vacuum and thus has no advance on distributor

Only runs a couple of inches of vacuum.... WHAT DO YOU MEAN? I presume
you're talking inches of mercury? Do you mean his throttle plates don't
close fully thus limiting the amount of vacuum generated at zero
throttle, or that his engine is such low compression that it barely
sucks at all? (ha clever pun, no?)

Thus has no advance on his distributor.... what, at all? No mechanical
advance, nothing? Or no vacuum advance?

Martin

content22207 wrote:

>Engine vacuum is created by downward stroke of piston. When throttle
>plates are letting very little air into engine, is high. As plates
>open, vacuum created goes down.
>
>I'm not the first person to notice this BTW.
>
>Car companies have harnessed engine vacuum for decades to power all
>sorts of interesting devices. Even JZD used it to boost brake pedal
>action and open & close HVAC vents.
>
>Was this a trick question?
>
>Bill Robertson

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: