Re: [DMCForum] Re: Racing Engines (Martin G)

content22207 wrote:

>At small southern dirt tracks most people race very simple hopped up
>domestic blocks (is a fellow in town here racing scratch built car
>with a Ford 141 -- Pinto motor). Are specific rules for cubic inch
>displacement, NOS injection, etc. Have NEVER seen anything remotely
>similar to your little Euro cars. With all due respects think they'd
>be laughed off the track.

Think you'll find S2000 is Japanese. American cars and their fans live
inside their own little bibble* as far as the rest of the world can see.
Except the Icelanders who have invented "Formula Off Road" - the only
motorsport I've ever been motivated to watch because it's so crazy.
Makes your monster trucks look very gay.

Icelandic bloke: "Look over there - a cliff. I wonder if we built a car
with big enough wheels and big enough engine, could we drive up it?"
Icelandic bloke's mate: And look there - a river. Maybe with the right
tyres, we could take the same car and with enough speed, aquaplane
across it before we sink?"
Some guy walking past: "How about an obstacle course around a quarry
with 80 degree walls - three-point turns and suchlike - the winner is
the person who gets the furthest without rolling or flipping over or
whose engine doen't blow up first?"

But I digress....

* That was actually a typo - I meant to write "bubble" but it strikes me
as a very good word to descibe how you waffle on <tongue in cheek>

How does your friend "run vacuum"? Are we talking engine vacuum? The
same engine vacuum that disappears as you put your foot down? What are
you talking about?

Martin
Haven't written them for a while.

>BTW: This fellow is one who told me he only runs a couple inches of
>vacuum and thus has no advance on distributor (and yes, I do believe
>he uses MSD module for that). Has trophies all over office, so I trust
>his word.
>
>He runs horrifically advanced timing, but also rev's 3500 to 9000 RPM.
>
>BTW: Have you ever noticed all the different spark retarders MSD
>sells? Hmmm, what do you suppose those are for? Could it be to start
>an engine that is otherwise over advanced...
>
>Bill Robertson

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: