Re: [DMCForum] Re: Timing performance engine (Martin G)

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Timing performance engine (Martin G)

I asked nicely to double check your facts before you replied, and you
clearly did not.
Any race engine built by someone with their head NOT in their ass would
have an MSD or other computer to control timing.

To say that race engines have advanced timing because there is less
vacuum is the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life.

The Honda S2000 has a redline of 9100, so we're not talking about racing
anymore.  The timing is 16+/- 2degrees BTDC.  Hm, and it makes 183% of
the Delorean's horsepower and has 71% of it's volume.

Higher RPM = higher horsepower = more advanced timing.  Most recent
Hondas are aggressively timed.

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:24:03 -0000 "content22207"
<brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> My point is: PRV drops from 17 down. Race engine drops from something
> closer to 0 down. That's why we have vacuum advance diaphragms and
> they don't. That's why we can time closer to TDC and they can't.
>
> I still maintain that an over-advanced street engine, with spark
> advance active, will clatter like a threshing machine. If it
> doesn't,
> your timing scale/mark is probably off. Big block Fords are
> notorious
> for this as outer ring of harmonic balancer (where timing scale is
> etched) gradually moves with time.
>
> Bill Robertson
>
> >--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > At idle. Rev it and pressure in intake increases (or for you,
> Bill,
> > vacuum falls). Vacuum is at max when throttle plates closed. At
> full
> > throttle, vacuum is minimum. This is the whole point of the vacuum
>
> > affecting advance and fuel enrichment via CPR.
> >
> > content22207 wrote:
> >
> > >PRV produces 17 plus inches -- more than enough to advance a
> rotor
> button.

>  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

To visit your group on the web, go to: