Re: [DMCForum] Rear Sway Bar

I tried to buy one from Addco well over a year ago.  Gave
them my credit card #, address, etc, and they said they
would ship it.  It never came.  I called, and they had no
record of my order.  They explained that they had a mix-up
with their inventory and asked me to call back another day.
I did and got the same run-around.  By the 4th call, they
said they were out of stock and weren't planning to make any
more.  But in the process I learned a lot about sway bars.
Addco's owner put me in touch with the guy who designed the
one for the DeLorean.  He lives in Florida and is the guy I
had helping on designing a new front sway bar.  (I haven't
done much with that lately.)

>From what I have heard of people using these rear sway bars,
there are issues with how they attach to the frame.  The
mount points cause a similar "oil can" problem putting
cracks in the sheet metal like what the factory recall
brackets prevent on the crumple tubes.

I would not expect this setup to fit on Brian Pearce's new
design trailing arm, but I'm sure with some minor design
changes he could make it work just fine.

Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c3vslt1/M=271604.4220417.5436044.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1071862274/A=1876147/R=0/*http://af3.gophercentr
al.com/welcome.fc?17950> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=271604.4220417.5436044.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1876147/rand=370422654>

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: