Re: [DMCForum] Prototype

Thank you Louie.

Now can we get James Espey to clarify what a delorean PROTOTYPE is
because he would know since he has all of the factory records that
proves what is what.

Mark

On Wednesday, December 17, 2003, at 03:25 PM, Louie Golden wrote:

> You must be talking about Claude Landi's cars for sale on ebay. We've
> gone round and round about that. If it's below 500 it's a "black car."
> Meaning it was one of the 500 cars built for practice purposes. These
> cars were supposedly all scrapped. There were I believe 3
> "preproduction prototypes" made in 1980. One sold at auction several
> years back for only $14k. They differ slightly from the production
> DeLorean. Check it out here-
>
> http://www.dmcnews.com/Resource/Prototype/prototype.html
>
> What Claude has is an extremely early car, but is in no way a
> Prototype, nor is it a "black car," and it really pisses me off that
> he keeps trying to hawk the thing as something it's simply not. He'll
> probably respond and give his reasons why he feels he has a prototype,
> but his reasons aren't valid. He has a production DeLorean, plain and
> simple. -Louie
>
> --- Mark Valuch <dmcvin6683@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I see some people think that the first 100 or so deloreans after the
> 500 vin are prototypes are they?
>
> From what i have been told a prototype is a car that was made before
> production and has no title issued to it because it is a prototype not
> a production version of a car.
>
> All other prototype vehicles i have seen for sale have no title just a
> bill of sale.
>
> Mark

> Yahoo! Groups Links

> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

<image.tiff>

<image.tiff>

> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> * 	To visit your group on the web, go to:
> ?
> * 	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> ?
> * 	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

Come see all of my Photo's at my Website.
http://photos.yahoo.com/snextime

Yahoo! Autos. Everything you need to know about buying or selling a car.
FREE Quotes, 360° Tours, Research,
Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kEZsdA/bwnGAA/YiGOAA/HliolB/TM