[DMCForum] Re: Houston's new ignition set up

[DMCForum] Re: Houston's new ignition set up

Now here's what cracks me up:

There was this HUGE DML/Forum list fight over whether or not high-
output coils and low resistance wires and plugs are worth the money
or make any difference.

If it didn't make any difference, then why would Houston and John
Hervey sell the stuff?

Oh I know, you could malign them and say "they sell snakeoil that
provides no benefit" and that they "take advantage of the ignorant
consumer" but these guys are not some giant "conglomo" company. I
don't think either of them are out to trick us into buying stuff that
doesn't work.

I believe that the theory of more complete combustion with a hotter
spark provided by the right equipment is a sound one. I don't claim
to know exactly what the best equipment is though.

Too bad I can't afford any of that stuff for a while. I'm genuinely
curious what the increase in power is.

Rich

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, brobertson@xxxx wrote:
> My first thought: Please don't let Elvis from List see this...
>
> Is a lot of money for basically a set of spark plugs & wires.
>
> What in the world is a "coil amplifier"? New one to me. If DMC
> ignition module is unsatisfactory, replace it with an MSD, Jacobs,
or
> Mallory unit. This amplifier plugs into POSITIVE side of coil.
Sounds
> like a glorified DMC starting relay...
>
> Did anyone notice what ISN'T included -- a new coil! Best $30 or so
> could ever spend on car (as long as it isn't made by Accel, eh
Rich?).

> Cap & rotor not included either. Wonder if any bozo's would stick
new
> wires on worn out cap or rotor then wonder what's wrong?
>
> Bill Robertson
>
> >--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Louie Golden <louie@xxxx> wrote:
> > So what does everyone make of this new ignition upgrade Houston
just
> announced? Seems a little pricey for what you get to me. Putting an
> ignition core amplifier on a 22 year old coil sounds like a really
bad
> idea to me... I'm surprised they didn't make note that when you buy
> this kit it's a good idea to get a new coil. I don't understand why
> there wasn't a high performance coil included in the kit in the
first
> place. But then again I'm mechanically inept... so what does my two
> cents matter? lol Anyone else have any thoughts? I'm really excited
> that Houston is continuing their performance options, but this one
> just seems a little off base to me. -Louie

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cv9pr2i/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1071764166/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116732> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=915423995>

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: