Re: [DMCForum] Re: Mechanical Menace [OT] (Walt)

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Mechanical Menace [OT] (Walt)

I used to work at a part store and we also sold short and long block
engines, 90% were GM, 8% were Chrysler, 1% were Ford and the other 1%
was AMC which uses GM and Ford.

Really i don't trash any makes of cars because all manufactures have
there good and bad models.

It seems to me that GM tries to squeeze too much HP out of there
engines and that seems to lower the longevity of there engines. I know
there are plenty of 150,000 or higher mileage GM engines out there that
are still running strong.

Ford seems to lack on the HP but is stronger at the longevity of their
engines.

Chrysler on the other hand keeps reinventing it's self because of all
of the crappy models they have had and that makes it harder to me to
judge there reliability of there engines except the ones they are
running in the Ram Trucks. It seems every few years they drop old names
of cars and relabel them as something new, they don't have any models
anymore that date back to the 70's or 80's like Ford and GM except for
the 300 Chrysler they brought back a few years ago.

Just my $.02 so go ahead and trash my opinions if you would like. Like
i said all manufactures have their good and bad models.

Mark

Come see my snow covered Delorean.
http://photos.yahoo.com/snextime

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cb3ufud/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1071174673/A=1853619/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178356&partid=4116730> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853619/rand=349687197>