Re: [DMCForum] Re: Bound throttle

It sounds like you must have water freezing in the cable.

It can be a challenge to get lubricant from a "WD-40 style"
straw into a cable.  The best place to buy cable lube is
from a motorcycle shop.  They also sell a little fixture
that clamps around the end of the cable & straw to help
force the stuff in.  It didn't work well on the DeLorean's
throttle.  I sprayed from the throttle spool end forward and
kept trying until something came out the other end.  What
came out looked so nasty that I pulled the cable out to
flush the sheath.  I'm glad I did.  With the sheath empty, I
was able to spray unrestricted until clean lube came out
over the pedal.  Put something in the foot well to catch the
stuff.

When I pulled the cable out, I was surprised to see that it
had frayed in a few places at the throttle spool end.  These
frays were not visible from outside the sheath.  I bought a
new cable at a marine supply store.  (The local bicycle shop
was closed.)  I got marine grade SS cable of the same
diameter & bought a copper fishing-weight-looking thing that
crimped on the end.  Total cost was pocket change.

Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c2joopp/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1071004790/A=1853619/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178356&partid=4116730> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853619/rand=287654908>