RE: [DMCForum] Re: Driveable DeLo's vs Tucker Museum Pieces

RE: [DMCForum] Re: Driveable DeLo's vs Tucker Museum Pieces

>I think the problems with lower control arms failures on Tuckers was
>limited to the very first prototype, the tin goose. This car weighed
>a lot more than production tuckers due to the amount of solder
>applied to the body as filler, under the paint. Apparently this was
>more than 2 inches thick at some points on the car, and due to the
>huge extra weight, the lower control arms failed just moments before
>the car was meant to be unveiled for the first time, this was
>depicted in the movie. As far as I know, the rest of the cars did not
>have this problem.
>
>Owning a tucker is definitely on my wish list also, but at $400,000 a
>pop, my girlfriend is not too impressed!
>
>John

Yea, the Tin Goose did have those problems.  I found a website somewhere
once where an owner detailed his ground-up restoration.  His car had the
lower control arm problems as well, and I think he ended up having to
build
one from scratch, which was very costly.  If I find that site again I will
send it along.

The other thing he noted was how very hard the paint was and how extremely
difficult the original paint was to remove.  Had he to do it over he would
have just painted over the original.  That also seems to relate to how the
original paint on the De Lorean fascias was applied as well, from what
Josh
recently explained to me.

Greg

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cg1i51l/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1070738640/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=473184554>