RE: [DMCForum] Re: New Handbrake Controversy

RE: [DMCForum] Re: New Handbrake Controversy

>That's a great idea. I should have done that in the Duster, but I just
>learned about that as I went along. In the truck, I'd be afraid to roll
>over if I tried anything wacky.

I tried this in my trucks as well, and the one I have now is a 4X4.  I am
not saying you should go out and do this, obviously, but trucks do handle
much differently and the more you know about how yours handles the better
off you are.  People laugh at others who take their plain vehicle to an
autocross but they are learning, just like that guy did in his De Lorean
and
video taped it.  I don't recall his name.  When mine is drivable again I
will indeed put it through its paces.  I would rather learn the car and
have
a part fail in an empty parking lot rather than at speed on the highway.

>However, I have always wanted to know
>how to do the cool parallel parking manoeuvre in "The Blues Brothers"
>where the guy slams on his brakes and spins into the kerb in front of
>the restaurant.

I thought that stunt was in the Blues Brothers 2000 movie?

>Congrats. Makes me wish I still drove a CAR. LOL

I could out drive that guy in a truck ;)  It's all in learning the vehicle
you are in.  After all, they race rigs now.  Rigs...tandem axles, ten
wheels, pulls fifty-three foot cargo trailers, what are they called across
the pond?

>I don't panic easily, for some reason. I sleep through hurricanes. These
>two things may be related. Any psychiatrists out there wanna go for it?

HA!  As you know, I lived in Lousyana...oops Louisiana... for a number of
years.  I slept through the most violent tornado ever to hit the northern
area.

>Tailgaters? Yurgh. I usually just take my foot off of the gas pedal to
>annoy tailgaters, but it seems now I have a new weapon ... Now, what's a
>brake-slide? ;)

I think someone else better explained this.  But I will also add that you
can use your 'gas pedal' ;) in similar ways, even more so if you have a
manual transmission.  Later, we can get into four-wheel-drives and using
your gas pedal to steer.  Anyone working on an all-wheel-drive De Lorean
project yet?

Greg

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12ctre0u0/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1070672006/A=1853619/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178356&partid=4116732> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853619/rand=306087075>