      From: timnagin [mailto:timnagin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
      Sent: Thu 12/4/2003 12:36 PM
      To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Subject: RE: [DMCForum] Re: Car Talk / accelerator versus gas
pedal

      Most newer cars, at least the American cars I have tried this
on, have a
      rev-limiter.  The next time you are in a rental car with the
engine running
      and the transmission in park or neutral, hold the accelerator
to the floor
      and see what happens.  The engine will rev-up and sound like
it's stuttering
      but never go over a certain RPM.  That's the limiter kicking
in.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cvtvk7f/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1070657480/A=1524963/R=0/*http://hits.411web.com
/cgi-bin/autoredir?camp=556&lineid=3614674?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=952369858>