Re: [DMCForum] car cold, low idle, runs rough --> car warm, high idle, r

Re: [DMCForum] car cold, low idle, runs rough --> car warm, high idle, runs good

Sounds to me like the idlespeed thermistor has become unplugged or
failed. Alternatively the computer may have had it. If you have a friend
with a DeLorean, it takes 2 minutes to try a different idlespeed
computer. it takes a lot longer to replace/fix the idlepseed thermistor!
The Idlespeed computer is fixable.

Martin

ken@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Basically, my mixture screw was adjusted last summer by a garage, when I
>had trouble getting the car running again after installing a new
>distributor, rotor, wires and plugs.
>
>Ever since then. the car will run rough when its cold and idle around
>850, it honestly sounds like it will STALL if I don't pop the
>accelerator once and a while
>
>Once the car is warm, it idles around 1500 and runs fine
>

>What adjustments can I tweak to correct this problem
>
>As of now, I am 99% sure the timing is correct (checked it with a timing
>light)
>
>As well, the mixture screw is not TOTALLY out of whack, but if I had to
>guess it has something to do with this
>
>Also, the 3 brass screws are not adjusted at all, they are simply
>snugged down by hand
>

>Thank you
>Kenneth
>005541