[DMCForum] Re: Return of the f***chop

Hey jet jock,

Take a zoloft dude.

Before you go shoving your military experience up my ass I'd like to
let you know that I have 11 years on submarines. I've walked on the
North Pole twice, been in National Geographic for performing the proto
"Scice-ex" mission, travelled completely around the globe, bounced all
over Europe, spent 94 days at a shot without seeing the light of day,
been chased by Russian submarines and just returned from a 6 month
tour in the United Arab Emirates, roasting my ass off on tiny, but
heavily armed patrol boats (like the old 'Nam river rats) chasing off
would-be suicide jockeys looking to make a repeat of the USS Cole
incident. I still have 7 years to go until retirement so I'm sure I'm
not done yet.

Lastly, I AM a parent.

Spare me your "rush" speech. You can do what you like with your
DeLorean. I merely meant that it's a private and rewarding experience
for ME to work on MY car. I don't care what others do to or with
theirs. If you recall the flap on the DML regarding parting out cars
and who thinks it's sacreligious and who doesn't, I never posted a
comment to that bitch session because I thought it was silly. I don't
care what people do with their stuff, I only know how I feel about MY
stuff.

Finally, I'd like to say that the mark of a true
soldier/sailor/airman, is that he doesn't feel the need to brag about
his exploits because he's only done his duty as was required when he
took the Oath. That you feel the need to do so to gain acceptance
makes me sad, and I'm angry at myself for being goaded by you into
posting my experience like I'm a guy searching for hero-worship.

For the rest of you: Rest assured, I am not looking for your
admiration or respect because of my time in the Navy, and I'm sorry I
posted it. It was not intended to be a "brag sheet" and I'd just
assume it was forgotten.

Rich Acuti

Citizen.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "checksix3" <jetjock11@xxxx> wrote:
> >>When comparing it to other vehicles and hobbies, it's not. It's a
> friggin' religious experience.<<
>
> It's a religious experience? Perhaps for those lacking something more
> fulfilling. Try traveling to remote corners of the world where most
> people are deathly afraid to go. Or flying a former soviet jet
> fighter doing 400 knots 200 feet over the desert floor, jinking in
> and out of canyons. Or hey, just try raising a few kids. Those
> experiences will give you serious religion and a whole lot more
> satisfaction than owning a D...but to each his own I suppose.
>
> If you think owning this car is religious than I'd better not tell
> you what plans I have for an upcoming airshow. It's always a crowd
> pleaser and doing it with this car will be a big hit. Why? 1) I need
> the tax write off. 2) It'll be MINE and I can do with it as I please.
> 3) It'll give me some satifaction against all those who say it
> shouldn't be done, for all the lame reasons they claim. Since you're
> so into D religion, rest assured the car's trip to D Heaven will be
> swift and painless.
>
> As I said, it's just a friggin car. It's merely a temporary aspect of
> my life (as are all inanimate objects) and it'll eventually go the
> way of all my toys. Of course, just like me, you can choose to spend
> your one life as you see fit...
>
> By the way, religion has for thousands of years been (and continues
> to be) the root cause of 90% of the world's misery. The world is full
> of nuts and there is no nut like a religious nut...they're the Master
> Race of Nuts. Why? Because they're so blind and rigid in their belief
> systems they can't see the forest for the trees, no matter what the
> religion involves. It's something you may wish to ponder the next
> time you're having a "religious" experience with your car...or even a
> mechanical problem.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3856299.5103760.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1754452/R=0/SIG=11tjeu2hk/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=6
0178324&partid=3856299> click here