[DMCForum] Re: Testing Frequency valve

My book's in the car. I need a pocket bible to carry.

Ok, I'll tell you another story (it may not apply to you). I bought a
new RPM relay and I still didn't have lambda. Why? One of the
contacts in the relay was bent just enough that when the winding
energized, only the fuel pump contact closed, not the lambda too.

The result? I heard the "click" but had no freq valve.

Yes, it gets it's power from the ECU. If you unplugged the ECU, no
freq valve.

Put a dummy probe on the freq valve plug. Don't -assume- you have
power. Assume means "(make an) Ass (out of) u (and) me". $5.00 at the
most. :)

Rich

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, id <ionicdesign@xxxx> wrote:
> #7 fuse is good and the Lambda seems to be working because i hear a
> clicking noise from the compartment area and the fuel pump is
working
> too.
>
> I have no power to the Frequency valve, does it get its power
directly
> from the Lambda or something else (me no good with schematics unless
> done in crayon with pretty pictures)?
>
> Mark
>

> cruznmd wrote:
>
> >  1. You can use a dummy probe (Like a screwdriver with a pigtail
and a

> > lightbulb in the handle. $5.00) Put the icepick on one contact and
> > clip a paperclip in the pigtail and stick it in the other one. If
it
> > lights, there's power.
> >
> > 2. Use a voltmeter to measure for voltage across the contacts.
> >
> > 3. The valve works hot or cold. Just at different rates. It should
> > ALWAYS buzz when the engine is running, or it's bypassed at the
RPM
> > relay.
> >
> > 4. You could apply power to it if you could find a way to hook it
up
> > to the control pressure regulator power plug. They are not close
> > enough so you'd have to remove the freq valve or rig a
contraption.

> > 5. Yes, one is a ground wire. Use the schematic in the Bible.
> >
> > 6. A nuclear reaction or a bolt of lightning can be used to
generate
> > 1.21 gigawatts.
> >

> > I recently found my freq valve wires to be hanging on by a
thread. I
> > brushed the plug and the wires fell right off! I had to rig
something
> > up with a couple of crimp-on spade connectors.
> >
> > The other place to look is the lambda relay. If this has failed,
the
> > ECU will not have power and it will not power the freq valve. I'm
> > having a brain cramp right now but I also believe there is a fuse
for
> > this. #7 I think. Verify the lambda module has power.
> >
> > Rich
> >
> > --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, id <ionicdesign@xxxx> wrote:
> > > My frequency valve is not buzzing so i have a few questions.
> > >
> > > How do i test for power to the valve (colored wires)?
> > >
> > > Does the car have to be warm or cold to test the valve?
> > >
> > > Can i apply power to the valve to see if it works?
> > >
> > > There is two wires attached to the valve, is one a ground wire?
> > >
> > > How do i generate 1.21 jigawatts?
> > >
> > > the last question was to see if you actually read my questions
and
> > not
> > > just scanned the email.
> > >
> > > Mark
> >

> >                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>                          [Click Here!]

Service.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595056/R=0/SIG=124p07ne0/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenat
togyo?YH=3707890&yhad=1595056> Click Here!

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1595056/rand=384293892>