RE: [DMCForum] Tube Rot

>This is mostly for Bill, who's convinced this can be fixed even
>without seeing it but I'd like you all to look at it and offer your
>opinions.
>
>I don't know if you'll be able to understand what you're seeing. My
>cam isn't that great.
>
>The photos are under #5335 in the photos section.
>
>Rich

Wow, looks a bit rough but nothing that you can't repair or replace.  I
finally found a picture of the hack job someone did on my crumple tube.
It
looks worse from the top, but if you look at this picture you can see
where
they welded the patch.  This is the driver's side which is accessible by
removing the spare tire filler panel, but the passenger side you can not
get
to this way.

driver's side: http://durman.xu.edu/delorean/pics/drivers_sway_bar.JPG

passenger side:
http://durman.xu.edu/delorean/pics/front_and_center_damage.JPG

This side is still damaged, and causing the passenger front tire to set
back
further in the wheel well than it should.  This is why I decided to pull
the
body off.

Greg

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3830715.5078802.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512